Jesuit education may be described as formation taking place over a length of time. It aims to go beyond mere schooling and simple instructions. In our students we are dealing with impressionable persons of great dignity whose worth in their own eyes and God’s, we are to encourage them to see. We confront them with challenges to excellence in order that they may appreciate and foster their talents.
To help our students discover and foster their talents, Loyola provides various activities like:
- The Student Council, whose purpose is to unite the students in the pursuit of excellence in studies and all the values and aims of the School. Its President, V-President and representatives are elected by the students of Stds. 7 to 12.
- Various Clubs: Astronomy, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, etc.
- Every student is expected to be a member of a minimum of 1 Club and a maximum of 3 Clubs.
- For self express Elocution & Entertainment, Dramatics, Debating, Press Club etc.
- Social Service & Leadership camps, the House system, the Interact Club, the Bharat Scouts & Cubs, Bulbuls. JYOTI, SAFE organisations, SPO etc.
- The Drum & Bugle Corps. (D.B.C.)
- Bodily Health & Sportsmanship: Gymnasium Athletics, Football, Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Handball, Badminton, etc.
- Excellent facilities for reading and research through the Computerised School Libraries.
- Audio-visual facilities for presenting projects, teaching lessons, etc.