Started initially as the “Jai Loyola” on August 16, 1948, the school magazine has come a long way and evolved into a publication to be proud of. The formative years of ‘Jai Loyola’ were spartan. Articles were laboriously typed out on waxed cyclostyle paper, proof read and corrected. Six or eight such cyclostyled sheets with hand drawings were then wound on an old Gestetner cyclostyling machine and copies run off. Though published three or four times a year, each issue was eagerly anticipated and successive bands of dedicated editorial staff slowly evolved a character of the ‘Jai Loyola which is typically Loyolean.
After a brief intermission, the school magazine was revived in its new form as ‘The Loyolean’ in 1992, in appearance and get up, a far cry from the efforts of nearly half a century back. Its moderator, Mrs. Leela Ghose, and the editorial team had a difficult task on their hands as all previous efforts to revive the ‘Jai Loyola’ had proved futile. But they weathered many a crisis and lived up to the expectations of the students and staff. Now the Loyola Press Club (L.P.C.) takes out three issues a year striking the right balance between news and creativity, fact and fiction, humour and seriousness. Nowadays the articles are processed on the computer and the magazine printed on offset machines using the latest technology. However, even today the ‘Loyolean’ continues to embody the spirit and flavour that is Loyola.